The Strategic Enrollment Management Funnel Graphic Suite is designed to illustrate the fundamental flows of students through the enrollment processes involved in higher education. The suite is designed to provide leaders in higher education with a planning and educational tool to assist in managing enrollments and academic functions.
The Strategic Enrollment Management Funnel depicts the flow of learners through the stages of selecting and enrolling in an academic program as seen from two perspectives. The institution’s perspective arrays all of the potential stages and the learner’s perspective is described by the decisions to progress from one stage to the next. The Strategic Enrollment Management Funnel is separated into two distinct phases: Recruitment, detailing stages and activities prior to enrollment; and Retention, detailing stages and activities after enrollment. Be aware of the following when deciding to use or refer to the Strategic Enrollment Management Funnel.
- The Suite includes four separate images:
- Strategic Enrollment Management Funnel. The full complete detailed funnel.
- Strategic Enrollment Management Funnel: Recruitment Phase. The recruitment section of the detailed funnel.
- Strategic Enrollment Management Funnel: Retention Phase. The retention section of the detailed funnel.
- Strategic Enrollment Management Funnel: Compressed View. The simple view of the funnel.
- The open segments are designed to illustrate the porosity of the funnel. This means that students can appear to enter or leave an institution’s process at almost any stage. Learners proceed through the funnel moving from stage to stage unless they opt out.
- Enrollment management recruitment campaigns are designed to initiate proactive actions that enable and facilitate the learner moving through the stages to successful enrollment.
- Enrollment management retention campaigns are designed to monitor student progress and enable and facilitate the learner moving through the stages to successful completion of their objective or graduation.
- Yield is a concept that describes the percentage of individuals moving down the funnel from one stage to the next until they either opt out or complete their objective.
- There is significant variability in the processes institutions use to support and define Strategic Enrollment Management Funnel operations. These graphics are intended to frame a more specific institutional focus by providing a common structured reference point.
- There are numerous variations in how learners move through the processes as articulated in the stages of the Strategic Enrollment Management Funnel. This graphical representation is not intended to cover all of the options or permutations available to an institution.
We would appreciate you letting us know if you are using our graphics and for what purpose ( training, education, planning tool, etc.). We welcome your comments, recommendations, and observations. Please feel free to put your comments in the comment box below the post and if you Like these graphics please hit the Like button. Look for our Training Posters featuring these graphics, available online.
These are available for your use, however, when using them please do not remove our logo or copyright.