Minnesota State Colleges & Universities have established a major Campaign for the future titled Charting the Future for a Prosperous Minnesota.
Minnesota State Colleges and Universities include 24 community and technical colleges and seven state universities, operating on 54 campuses in 47 communities enrolling 400,000 plus students annually and employing more than 10,000 faculty and 7,600 staff.
In addition to the report a website has been established as a hub for the campaign.
The campaign is shaped around six primary recommendations:
- Dramatically increase the success of all learners, especially those in diverse populations traditionally underserved by higher education.
- Develop a collaborative and coordinated academic planning process that advances affordability, transferability, and access to our programs and services across the state.
- Certify student competencies and capabilities, expand pathways to accelerate degree completion through credit for prior learning, and foster the award of competency-based credit and degrees.
- Expand the innovative use of technology to deliver high quality online courses, strengthen classroom instruction and student services, and provide more individualized learning and advising.
- Work together under new models to be the preferred provider of comprehensive workplace solutions through programs and services that build employee skills and solve real-world problems for communities and businesses across the state.
- Redesign our financial and administrative models to reward collaboration, drive efficiencies, and strengthen our ability to provide access to an extraordinary education for all Minnesotans.